Hi Jeremy,

I've got a 58 Hunq and my wife has the 55 Appaloosa. I started this thread
to see if anyone has experience with a larger Appaloosa because I was so
surprised when I rode her App for about an hour how much livelier and
supple it felt compared to my Hunq (one of the first generation grey/maroon
ones). I thought maybe because it was a smaller frame?  But others that
have responded seem to have felt the same thing. My Hunq is noticeably
heavier and just FEELS heavier riding it compared to my wife's Appaloosa. I
don't know about the tubes, but it sure seems that the Appaloosa either has
lighter tubes or the longer chain stays contribute to the significantly
different feel. A clydesdale vs a gazelle difference almost.  Not good vs
bad, just different.

Gary