Hi, my question is:

  * If, and only if, you are happy with your Paul Neo-Retros, what is the
height of your straddle cable / cable carrier in relation to the pivots of
your brakes?*

   I'm trying on adjust my Neo-Retro canti's to brake as well, or close to
as well, as the Paul Touring cant's I have on the back of my Hunqapillar.
I'm using Paul Canti levers with both. I've read through the info on the
Black Mountain Cycles blog, and the pdf document Mike Varley has a link to,
but I'm still not getting the braking I'm hoping for. I'd like to keep the
straddle cable at least high enough to clear the hole in my fork crown, and
the Nitto front rack mounted there, if only for safety's sake.

   I've read here that some people found Neo-Retro's frustrating, but some
people love them. So, I'm hoping your anecdotes and testimonials will point
me in the right direction, 'cause I'm puzzled.

Thanks for your help,
John