I used those Origin 8 drop bar ends on a couple different bikes and they do
work to give you a lower aero choice. I never tried to use them with Road
bike brake levers though. For those bar end drops to work well, the handle
bar has to have little or no sweep, unless you slide them way inside...
Mostly they are nice on a MTB when you might be doing some road miles as
part of the route..