If you are are riding really rocky, rooty, steep trails where rear brake is
primary, then I can certainly understand v brake on the rear. (On my Small
Hunqapillar, the rear cable stop is in such a tight spot I gave up and put v
brake on).

Now, on the front, my hunqapillar has terrible shutter. I tried  various
things. The only thing that worked was the tektro crown-mounted stop. So, I’m
using a canti in the front.

I have mismatched levers and two bar setups with cable breakers. So— I set up
albatross one way and bullmoose the other. This only works because I like
right-front braking for road riding.  The tektro levers someone mentioned would
solve this problem!

Short story is sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. I’d much prefer both v
brakes or both cantis.