After I gouged my Bleriot, I took a careful look at the Silver Hupe
while mounted on the bike and concluded the arms were designed too
close together around the mounting points, which makes it have a
tendency to pop off inwards when riding on bumpy roads.  I took the
Hupe off, placed it in a vice, and carefully bent one of the arms
outward a small bit and voila!  It fits perfectly now and never pops
off.  If only I had noticed this prior to gouging my frame.....