I am selling my wonderful RBW Simpleone that Cycle Monkey converted for me
from a single speed bicycle to a Rohloff Speedhub driven bike with 14
spaced separated gears.  I had seen that Cycle Monkey had made a similar
conversion for another Simpleone owner.  Since I first learned of Rohloff,
I was fascinated by the Speedhub.  It’s truly a marvel of German
engineering: https://www.rohloff.de/en/.  I knew that world tourers
commonly ride bikes with Speedhubs because they are bullet-proof.  I had
always had as a cycling goal to ride the Great Allegheny Passage/C&O Canal
paths for years, which seemed like a perfect reason to convert my
Simpleone.  I did, I rode, I had an amazing time, I never looked back.

I’m probably not going on another long tour again soon, if ever.  The
GAP/C&O were about 350 miles and it took me a year and a half to
prepare.  Day rides and S24Os are now my main cycling pleasures so I’m
offering up my Rohloff Simpleone.

Here’s a Rivendell Blug link about the Simpleone:
https://rivbike.tumblr.com/post/2349569449/simpleone-update-december-17-2010

Here’s a Cycle Monky link about the conversion:
https://www.cyclemonkey.com/blog/rohloff-equipped-rivendell-simpleone

My Simpleone is in near perfect condition.  You can find several photos
here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13V_EPZ_RttiEHXfQsV7iib51JaOx7jLn?usp=sharing.
include a couple of photos that show some nicks but, really, nothing is
hidden.  The bike is fitted out with high-end components which are
reflected in the price.  I will consider any reasonable offer.  Here’s the
build:

Frame: 58cm Rivendell Simpleone

Drive: Silver Rohloff Speedhub with preferred external gear mechanism,
Giles Berthoud

shifter and threaded axle

Bottom Bracket: Rivendell standard, likely a Shimano UN55

Handlebars: Nitto Albatross Alloy with leather Brooks knockoff grips
(Origin8) and Brooks

leather tape

Brakes/Levers: Paul Components Touring Cantilevers with Pau Componentsl
Canti Lever Levers

Stem: Nitto Technomic 100mm

Headset: Standard Rivendell, likely FSA

Seatpost: Nitto S83, two-bolt

Hubs: rear-Rohloff Speedhub; front-Shutter Precision SV-8 Dynamo Hub

Lights: rear-B&M Secula; front-B+M Eyc T Senso

Wheels: rims-700c Velocity Dyad; tires-Compass (Rene Herse) Barlow Pass
700cx38 standard,

gumwall; butted spokes, fenders-Velo Orange Snakeskin

Rack: front-Nitto M12

Asking Price: $2,250, saddle excluded but shipping included