My Hillborne came with Albatross bars, Paul levers (which I love) and Rich
wheels.  However, I swapped the handlebars out a set of Albastache with TRP
levers and Brooks tape for a little more aggressive position.  I still have
the Albatross set up in case I want to ride more upright later in life
(since I will NEVER part with my pearlescent orange Hillborne).  Once I
added a Brooks Flyer Special, that's the last tinkering I've done.  I had
thought to change out my XT derailleur for an Altus I bought for $5 at
Riv's garage sale a few years back but didn't want to mess with success.
The bike has been so dialed to me that it is a treat every time I get to
ride it.  I'm not convinced that anyone could even build a custom that fits
me as comfortably.  Recently, my MTB set up (and Analog's IG) has had me
thinking of switching to a 1x9 set up but I just don't know if it's worth
the time and money for a simpler drivetrain and, maybe, a few less grams of
weight.  Once it's dialed, it's hard to justify change.  Maybe paint?

John "who occasionally dreams of a purple Hillborne"
Niles, CA