Thanks Roberta! The air is clear today so I'm going to get out there and
finally find out how my bike feels, I haven't even ridden it since it came
to me with dropbars that were waaaay too far away to reach.

Answers to several folk's questions, hopefully I'll remember them all:

The finish is clearcoat over raw steel. Riv did a run of frames this way in
the late-'00s, then probably got tired of people worrying about rust
forming and got out of that game. I see a few rust spots here and there but
nothing alarming and the bike has been in use at least 10 years, I think
it'll be fine here in sunny/fiery California. If I ride it lots and like it
lots I may eventually invest in pretty paint, but it's about to get
fendered, racked and bagged as a shopping bike; I'm probably better off
with the "can't scratch paint that's not there" vibe.

Grips are from Jones Bikes, clear is the softer of the two they make. I cut
off about an inch to get them to fit the Loscos.

Bag is a special "camera bag" (I don't have a camera) made by RandiJoFab
for Rivelo a couple years ago.

Stuff I swapped in after receiving: Shorty Sugino cranks (152), XT fd,
Nitto Losco on Nitto HiRiser, Paul levers and Moon Units, Microshift
thumbies reversed because I use the rear on the left for my "good" hand,
dem grips, dat mirror, Paul gold skewers. The rest was there when I bought
it.

Oh and a new bottom bracket. JL and I both recently went through the
business of removing old stuck Shimano cartridges and isn't *that *fun?!

Joe Bernard