Funny, I just ordered a 135 QR Vesper for rim brakes. The Vesper is the
only 135 rim brake option, according to the person I talked to on the
phone. That option is not on their website, which stumped me for years. I
just told them today, "Take it off the secret menu and put it on the
website, so Rivendell riders can buy them."

I don't imagine the Vesper gives anything up in durability, since Peter
Verdone buys them for his mountain bikes, and if he broke one the whole
world would know. I like the looks of the classic ones a little more, but
the Vesper isn't any weirder looking than a SON Wide Body. I chose Onyx
over any other hub, because I want the quiet running and the high
engagement. I rode one a little bit, and liked it a lot. It's unique.

Philip
Santa Rosa, CA