Very nice bike Sky.  Sounds like a fun project too.

While most electric bikes are not as much fun to ride as a Riv, some peddle
assist does have real use.  If I ever end up having a 10-15 miles commute,
I'd definitely consider converting my Susie to electric.  I love the
simplicity of a normal bike.  I also love biking 10-15 miles with pure
muscle power.  In reality, I'd probably end up driving more often than not,
due to time constraints, needing to shower when I get to work etc.  An
e-bike solves those problems.  When there are dozen of traffic lights/stop
signs along the way, any quicker acceleration after every stop quickly adds
up and shortens the commute time considerably.  If used wisely,
peddle-assist makes the ride safer too.  I would not be lazy to slow down
in iffy conditions (such as a car looking to enter the road, stop signs),
because there's not much effort to regain the speed!

Enjoy your e-Sam!