When I started on a new bike hunt in my mind the Bleriot would get sold.
 In 10 years of not riding it it seemed a bit squirrelly at times and it is
a tad too big but not too big to ride. I put bigger tires (42mm) on and
relearned where to hold my Albatross bars to keep the Bleriot as stable as
I wanted it.  So I brought in an Atlantis and it was not for me.  I thought
it would be with 48mm tires and it did ride very smooth but I could not get
the setup right.  It found a new home back in CA.  I found a new 2019 Sam,
I would have preferred the black but orange is what I got.  The fit it a
tad smaller than the Bleriot with 42’s and the Sam wears 48’s, the ride is
very smooth, still working on saddle position but that will come.  The
Bleriot is quicker, maybe the tires, or somewhat lighter rims, or aluminum
albatross vs. the cr mo on the Sam, but none of that matters, I wanted a
bike that rides differently and that is what I got.

Today I rode the Bleriot knowing it would be a shorter (1 hour) ride due to
the chill, but tomorrow promises to hit 70 so I have a nice longer ride
planned and I picked some rougher roads to try.

I would be very unhappy today if I would have sold the Bleriot, damn, I’ve
sold too many great bikes to think about.  I do seem to bond well with 650b
wheels.

I never name my bikes as I call them by color or model name and the Sam
hits a nice note as my favorite person was my Uncle Sam, or Sammy, but I
will just call it Sam, and he would have loved the orange.  Me, I like
understated so I will continue to warm to the color.

Joel