For me their weirdest idea is the double top tube added to normal sized frames. I can see it being needed on very large frames but on the frames they put them on they just seem useless.

Robert Tilley
San Diego, CA

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device
From: jeremy.t...@gmail.com
Sent: October 19, 2020 11:13 AM
To: rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com
Subject: [RBW] Re: Weirdest Rivendell ideas?

My two nominations would be:

1. For a while they were selling a wind "shield" that was essentially a vest without any back, just weights (IIRC) that hung over the top of your shoulders. The idea was that the wind would do most of the work holding it in place. Seems like it was designed around a fairly narrow use case, that being descending Mt. Diablo on a chilly morning after a S240. One step above stuffing newspaper down your jersey.
2. Wood grips, which I think they sold around 2007 or so. Not cork, not faux wood, just plain carved hardwood, no shock absorption to speak of. I think they had a vaguely ergonomic shape.

I'm not saying either of these was a bad idea per se, just the kind of out-of-left field stuff for which Rivendell is known.

-Jeremy Till
Sacramento, CA