Salsa ran out of their 2020 allotment in mid April, purportedly. We ordered
Surlys in August, and werent given the option of sizes/models, just paid
for a certain number of bikes, with a delivery timeframe is
"October-February." All Surly completes have been pre-allotted to bike
shops through next summer, and aren't being added to distributors websites
for B2B (business to business) purchases. We were unable to source 26x2"
tubes for 6 weeks, because production was so backed up in China/Taiwan

I imagine Rivs long distance planning and good relationship with their
manufacturers keeps their production times more consistent, but everyone is
feeling the production times slow down.

Here is a New York Times article about
it: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/18/nyregion/bike-shortage-coronavirus.html