I’m usually skeptic of simplified news reporting, especially in the
presumed context of (rightly) trying to convince the general public that
masks aren’t really an impediment to daily routine activities. Regardless, what
exertion level did they measure the various oxygen levels at? If one is
just riding along, unracer-like, enjoying the scenery, and smelling the
flowers, I can believe that. However, if one is trying for a PR up Hamilton
or Monte Bello, I’ll need to see the data and experimental setup to be
convinced. Actually, I should just borrow my wife’s pulse oximeter and
figure out the effects, if any, of masking , at various exertion levels,
especially since I’m going exactly nowhere this Thanksgiving.