Please allow me to take the opposing view on the rims, forthwith and
heretofore, with background:

When I was planning the build on my custom with gray/red paint I was sure I
wanted red hubs, too. As soon as I saw the frame live in color I realized
there was already enough POP in the paint and adding two more big dollops
of red would overwhelm it. That's how I feel about Leah's bike now that
I've seen it all built up and on the road. There's SO MUCH happening with
all that raspberry metallic in the frame; plus the teal and rose bits here
and there; I think the rose on those big hoops would have messed up the
balance. I love the polished SON hub and rims, I think it's utterly perfect
just like that.

Joe "in this reporter's opinion" Bernard