My local friend with a Clem L asked for some help today.  She was having
trouble getting the Continental Contact Speed tires off the cliffhanger rim
wheels of her Clem L. When I took a turn at it, I was surprised at how
difficult it is to get a lever under the tire bead. Looking at he Velocity
page, I noticed that they are advertised as close fitting and that a thin
rim tape must be used.  The wheels shipped from Walnut Creek with that rim
tape so I kept looking.

I noticed the center of the rim track was depressed from the edges, so when
I squeezed the tire so that the beads were over the center, all of a
sudden, there was space for a tire lever to get in and work. They were
tight to start with but once started, they come off like any other tire.
I've not ridden Cliffhangers but have noticed that they are mentioned here
pretty often.

Am  I the last to discover this? :)

Tailwinds