Joe,

*VERY *nice bike!

My opinion:  I appreciate in most cases what a bicycle looks like, but
being of the engineering mindset I typically go with 'if it is desperately
needed, then do it.'  Thus, if you cycle in rainy weather then by all means
install mudguards.  If your weather happens to be mostly dry then I would
probably forego them.

I have installed my fair share of mudguards on bicycles as we've cycled
many different places (rainy places, normal afternoon thundershowers,
etc.).  I definitely agree that patience is required.

Either way, you have a fantastic ride - enjoy it!

Best regards,

Jeff
Claremont, CA