Greetings, Phillip!
Your lone picture turns me green with envy.  I soooo want to visit my
Mother Land on my Mother’s side, and hopefully ride there too.

I would have to agree with Ed and say that a Sam Hillborne is just the
thing.  I have a 51cm with 650b Fatty Rumpkin tires and it’s a fantastic
ride.
Here’s a build post about my Samwise Hillborne from my blog
<https://pipesbikesandleather.com/2020/03/25/rivendell-sam-hillborne-build-post/>

If you want footage of someone taking a Sam on rougher terrain, check out
these vids from PathLessPedaled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRUo74yqz6w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii0I6PY0cvo
And this one’s even about what bars make more sense on the Sam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-yyNxJcF5M

Cheers, and I sincerely hope to see you on the trails one day!