It looks like there are several flavors of that same Public bike three
speed available. State, Linus, etc. they seem to all be $470; maybe they’re
the same bike? A Riv 3sp? Doesn’t look like it. A Craigslist fixie
conversion of a nicer bike, and a new Sturmey wheel might be the closest
cheapest option.
There is a Claud Butler 3sp and a Raleigh Clubman 4sp on San Francisco
Craigslist. Kind of interesting, cheap if your Riv shopping, not cheap if
your bargain shopping.

Philip
Santa Rosa, CA