As a fellow Clem fiend, I can definitely say that at least $3287 went into
this bike.  I paid $925 (including tax) for my H from Silva Cycles in San
Jose, then about $2500 (including tax) building it up (Dyno hubs, nice
tires, etc.).   One of the reasons I feel justified in buying Rivs is that
I like to support the company and the bike industry as a whole, and also
with the knowledge that any hasty purchase I might make can be filtered
back (at a minimal financial loss) to some other lucky soul who might be
looking for exactly what wasn't the perfect bike for me.  So I'd say be
patient, stick to your guns, and somebody else will REALLY want that Clem H
someday.  LOVE those sloped seatstays!