@Erik, ha, sneaky! With the 650b wheelset, have you noticed a difference
with toe overlap vs. the 700c wheelset? I've been considering mounting 48mm
Oracle Ridges on my Sam, currently, I have 43mm Rock n' Roads on the Sam,
and 42mm Hurricane Ridges on my Simple One, all mounted tubless on
Cliffhangers. Really love the smooth, quiet, and confident feel of 42mm
Hurricane Ridges, and they fit perfectly under V/O Zeppelin Fenders. For
reference, the Simple One has around the same clearance as the Sam. I'm
also wondering if there's justification to switch from 42mm to 48mm tires?
A larger volume of air, but less clearance? With the 48's I suppose there
would be more issue with toe overlap as well, you also lose the option of
fendering. Another idea I'm considering is a 42mm Hurricane Ridge upfront
and a 44mm Snoqualmie Pass in the back, could also put a 48mm Oracle Ridge
upfront with the 44mm Snoqualmie Pass in the back. I'm just thinking out
loud here, thanks for listening!
Scott, Western MA via West Philly