I have that exact same bike, and even though I rarely ride on the road any
more, I wouldn't consider selling mine for twice that price! If you're
considering a Sam Hillborne, this is 98% a functional replacement for that
bike. Mine fits an honest 38mm tire, with the undimpled chainstays being
the choke point. A framebuilder or skilled amateur could easily dimple the
chainstays, and it would probably clear 40mm tires, maybe even 42mm.

I also had a 58cm Heron Road that was a wonderful bike. I sold it to
finance an Rambouillet, which is also a wonderful bike, but I miss the
Heron Road!

Chris