Brendon - 40C?!  I assume you're in Australia or similarly southern
hemisphere?  That's tough to ride in. This day was about 6 or 7C, and I'll
take that over 40 any day!  This model Sugarloaf is the waxed canvas model
they did when they first released the bag (2016 sometime) and I haven't
maintained the wax at all (there is no perceptible wax left) and it still
keeps the contents dry every time!

Andy - Your words are appreciated and echoed. My favourite part of these
rides has been discovering new things that I would never have any other
way. Often they're just ordinary things that I found interesting, like the
carport with car in it I found behind an old house whose driveway had
completely grown in to be forest again (the car's reg was 20 years
expired), or a new bike path bridge in an area of town I had never been in
before. Having such an expensive bike isn't strictly needed for this, but
it certainly encourages me to go further and more often!