I had an early Waterford AHH size 65. It maxed out at 38x700c tyres. In
fact, I ended up parting ways with it because of that. I did really try to
get Bruce Gordon Rock n Roads to fit, but it wasn't even close. I think I
would have kept to if could have.

The problem was the seats stays weren't dimpled. So it might have just been
that particular frame, though I don't really know. I did inquire with a
frame builder about dimpling them, but was told it was too close to the
bridge that it would probably ruin the frames structural integrity.