I was lucky to get in possession of a 49cm Le Tour Mixte. I figured
since my girlfriend just recently got a new job, new place, graduated
from college and her birthday was coming up, I figured I should get
her something big. Pink is her favorite color and she enjoys biking.
So I set off building her a bike. Getting most of the parts together I
find myself with a few issues.
1. Big issue the brakes seem like they are only a few centimeters off.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mannyacosta/4545155110/in/set-72157623789349209/

2. The rear brake is a center-pull and needs a longer straddle cable
to clear the seat tube.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mannyacosta/4544523125/in/set-72157623789349209/

So with the first issue I go to the ROB group for some answers. Any
ideas of making this work? It's SOOO close to fitting. Or should I
just bite the bullet and look for brakes that fit?

and about the second issue. Anyone have any ideas and where I can find
one? I might check out my local place, Cycle of Change, but never
guaranteed that I can find the part there. Thanks in advance!
Hopefully I can get this worked out.

-Manny "Bikes aren't always easy" Acosta