I built up my Sam with Noodle drop bar, fairly wide 2x10 gearing with
friction bar end shifting, and big 44mm tires. It's handled any conditions
I've come across in the Toronto / southern Ontario area so well that I
barely touched my other bikes last year. City riding, country roads, dirt
roads, gravel, even some mild single track underbiking - it's just been a
delight.

But I really wish I hadn't seen your parts list, because the only thing
stopping me from starting half a dozen projects floating around my head is
the covid bike part shortage. To know that such a stockpile exists locally
is dangerous!

Mark
Toronto