Depending on what brake levers you have, you may not have to reverse them,
too. My Paul and Shimano short pull levers don't jut out but my Sunrace
linear pulls do so they kinda get in the way with the Riv-erse shifter set
up. However I was able to scooch the shifters up the bar enough to clear
the jut.