So we're back to #1 - light tires & tubes. Followed by #2 - light rims &
spokes.

No one else want to chime in on friction? How much slip does say, a
semi-knobby tire like the Cazadero allow compared to the RH & is that
noticeable when accelerating?

Inboard brakes are a thing of beauty & danger, I believe the Lotus 72 F1
car may have been the 1st to implement. The problem has been the load on
the half shaft which, according to the inquest, the associated failure of
that was the cause of Rindt's fatal crash in that car.