Patrick:

That’s a little high for a T50. I recently bought one with a Canon 28mm lens
for $30 + shipping. Works great. These cameras are very common, so check around
for a better price.

If your daughter just wants to go out and shoot pictures, this is a great
choice. Exposure is fully automatic (there’s a built-in exposure system, so no
external meter needed), and it advances the film automatically. She’ll just
need to compose the shot and focus. It’s very simple to use, but Canon lenses
are quite nice and will produce crisp images.

The T50 is also a bit lighter than many other SLRs.

As others have pointed out, there are many choices out there. Let me know if
you need any help.

--Eric Norris
campyonly...@me.com
Insta: @CampyOnlyGuy