Rivendell did state that the 2020 had more clearance. Mine is the 1st
generation but will still fit 38mm tires.
I meant that I need to instal the tire deflated to get it past the brake
shoes even with the caliper open.
Also, some orange frames from the 1st batch apparently had the brake bridge
welded too high which allowed bigger tires but almost made it so you would
have to use a long reach caliper instead of a standard.