Mine is still 8-speed, although purely friction, bar ends (switched from
Shimano to SunTour) with Shimano XT Hubs13-32 cassette, TA Zephyr crank
with 46/34 rings, SKF BB and Mavic front and rear derailleurs.

My Honjo H-47 fenders and Paul Racer brake calipers have been my updates. I
consider wheels to be consumables after after so many years/miles.  There's
also the pesky rear dropout replacements and the seat stay bridge that had
to be rebrazed. Not been a commuter, although I did ride it to work a few
weeks last summer, but ridden through lots of conditions. When I have a
plan in place for a big ride I don't let weather deter unless it's just
plain foolish.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh