Have you ridden the long chainstays? If you have, and you like them,
there's a point for the Appaloosa. Sure the Appaloosa can probably carry
more, but do you need to? The *NEW* Appaloosa is definitely better for
upright bars (I had both a 2019 Appaloosa and Hillborne, which were very
similar geometrically). The tire clearance and fenderage is definitely a
big plus for the Appaloosa as well. I have since sold both older bikes and
I have a new Appaloosa and Roadini. I went with a new Appaloosa for all the
reasons you listed. Honestly I don't know what I would do if I could only
pick one bike. I guess I would pick an Appaloosa! But Bill is right, you
need both. Have you considered purchasing some bikes for your partner?
That's what I did. Now if my wife gets on my case I just point out that
*SHE* doesn't need four bikes and to stop counting mine!

Good Luck!
Bones