I recently bought a tosco to use with a faceplater stem because the losco I
was trying out didn't agree with me.  I like the wider, more flared tosco a
lot.  Anyway,  In a test ride of the new setup, the bar was slipping.  I
torqued the bolts down, probably too much, because I noticed in doing so
that the faceplate now seems to be bent.  In removing the faceplate, one of
the bolts sheeted off and is stuck in the stem.

I can get the bolt out, but I'm not sure what to do with the bent
faceplate.  Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know if Riv has
replacements?

For what it's worth, I bought the 31.8 bar and stem because I was worried
about slippage.  I'm a big guy and that's lots of leverage, but honestly I
expected better from Nitto.

  I replaced the faceplater  with a slightly shorter 2 bolt removable
faceplate stem from Velo Orange, which has larger diameter bolts to attach
the faceplate, and didn't experience any slipping. However, the VO stem us
a little shorter than I'd like, and I really hate to think I'm just out a
nice looking stem because of the bent faceplate.

 Brett in PDX