The B68S is not wider, but the nose is shorter. I have both. I kind of like
the S model because it is slightly less likely to snag the rear top of my
shorts when I mount from straddling the top tube. The B68 Softened is the
most comfortable though and the pre-punched holes allow color coordinated
lacing. I have one B68S that has the holes, but is black - not the softened
model.

Laing