Hello all,

My LBS has a Marin Larkspur 2 in stock. When I saw it in the shop, my first
thought
was that it's a knock-off of the Clem-L or Platypus.

https://www.marinbikes.com/bikes/family/larkspur

I'm interested in this bike because my wife has expressed an interest in
gravel riding/easy mountain biking, and this looks like a relatively
accessible way to get into it. A Rivendell isn't really feasible due to us
being in Belgium, the way Rivs sell out within minutes of going online,
etc. etc.

There's a short review of the Larkspur on Path Less Pedalled, seems quite
positive and gives the impression that it's quite well suited for what my
wife wants her bikes to do - utility with a bit of off road at the weekends.

My other idea was to find an old mixte/low instep mountain bike frame and
do it up as a PPR (Poor Person's Riv), but all the ones I found so far are
pretty nasty low end mid-90's BSOs, and all in stupidly small sizes for
some reason. It's easy to find quite nice Mixte frames, but they tend to
have limited tyre clearance so they probably won't work so well off road. I
think it'd be less trouble to just go for the Larkspur in this case.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Marin?

Cheers,
Johnny in Belgium