On Tuesday, 24 August 2021 at 4:52:29 am UTC+10 ttoshi wrote:

> The R559s work much better than Diacompe 750s (in my hands), but I don't
> have experience with the GBs.  The Compass/Mafac do really well too, but I
> haven't had those on the same bike as R559s to do a direct comparison.

I can't say I notice a difference between the R559 and 750 brakes. My
Tournesol has an R559 front caliper and 750 rear caliper, and they feel
pretty much the same to me, with much the same braking effect for the same
hand pressure. Koolstop salmon pads on both, and the brake levers are
Campagnolo.

Nick