Thanks to Garth and others who contacted me off-list with suggestions. To
close the loop on this thread, after talking to Antonio @ Rivendell and
confirming that the LongBoy was long gone, I ended up buying one of the new
"Shiny Rear Racks" when they came into stock last week, and it fits my
needs perfectly. Its design has the bottom rack tang (where it connects to
the braze-on near the dropout) centered along the length of the platform,
so the platform ends up sitting much farther forward that it does on
something like the 33R. Plus, when using the M6 braze-on slightly up the
seat stay on the Clem and the upper of the two holes on the bottom rack
tang, it still has plenty of clearance over 29x2.25" tires. The flat steel
upper struts aren't as nice as the aluminum struts on a Nitto or Tubus, but
having installed dozens, maybe hundreds, of racks of this type when I was a
mechanic, the installation was straightforward. Did my first commute on it
this morning and it felt totally solid, albeit with a relatively light load
(my laptop and laptop stand in one Ortlieb pannier).

Picture: https://flic.kr/p/2mELwX1

-Jeremy Till
Sacramento, CA