My sage has a painted headtube. The earlier green one I had did not. Also,
the earlier one did not have the two raised portions of the fork crown
painted when I bought it. Took care of that with some white paint and a
hobby brush.

While I have seen photos of the sage with no contrasting headtube, have
never seen one like that in person.

Besides the double top tubes, not sure there were any other significant
changes.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN