To augment my SON, I recently added a Paul Gino mount on my Sam, I then
mount the small Cygolite on the Gino, beam pointed ahead close to the front
of the wheel. The Cygolite fills in the area up close, while the SON can
reach more out in front. Not sure if I love the set-up but, it's fun to try
things out.