i dunno.. i bought an orange cantisam recently.. if i'd had the option of
another top tube for $250 more i'd have taken it.. of course, i probably
wouldn't have subsequently picked up a used Bombadil frame..  seems to me that
there is a risk of blurring the lines between a Sam and a Bomba, but maybe
that's just me...   actually, i probably would have bought both anyways - the
Bomba is a size down, so better suited for mountain biking.. the Sam is a great
fit for road/touring, but a wee bit too big for me for off-road.

best,
andrew