Thanks for the thoughts!

I have the Yokozuna salmon pads on the v-brakes on the Atlantis and I love
them. I might try replacing the Kool Stop pads with those.

I just looked at the Grand Cru brakes and am VERY tempted. Definitely have
a stronger/stiffer look to them than the R559. One reviewer on VO's website
says that they could fit an inflated 35mm tire through the pads when the
brakes are released. 38mm is as low as I'd go on this bike, so those brakes
(while definitely good looking and probably better performing than the
R559s) might be out of the question for me.

Ben