Leah, I couldn't agree more! It is so nice to finally be among fellow
RivSisters here without judgement! Not long after getting my Cheviot, I
went into a bike shop to look for a new helmet. As I glanced over at the
plastic bikes hanging from the ceiling, the shop owner said in a
patronizing voice, "Well, well, well, looks like sumbuddy's in the market
for a brand new bicycle, huh miss?" I've never had a prouder moment in my
life to respond, "Well, ACTUUUALLY, I just got a new bike. A Rivendell."
The look on his face was priceless. After he collected his jaw from the
floor, he replied, "YOU have a Rivendell?" "Yes, just outside. Would you
like to see it?" "VERY MUCH SO!" Turns out, he was a super nice guy and a
huge Riv fan. With newfound respect, he started talking about bikes with me
like I was a real person and even showed me a Rivendell relic in the shop
that he owned, a Heron. (Gorgeous headbadge!)

When I first started searching for used Riv frames, I was desperately
looking for a Betty Foy or a Wilbury. (I still remember the fabulous video
you made to honor your Betty after selling her!) I did stumble across Pam's
bike, but didn't make the connection that she was just down the mountain in
Charlotte! That settles it... all the RivSisters need to convene and I'll
be the first to offer up western NC as one possibility! (Road trip to meet
Pam included!)

Thanks again for being so welcoming! :)

Thank you, Jason! And nice to meet you too, Joyce! The tires are
Continental X-Kings and they have exhibited great grippy goodness so far!

Ben, as you can see from my "Tommy Voelker if he was 'shredding' a mountain
trail" face, I'm very much embracing the fun of being a kid, and no longer
taking biking too seriously. ;) After living in both places, if you ever
visit Asheville you'll throw rocks at the restaurants in Raleigh, just
saying! SO much delicious food here!