I agree with Patrick - depends on the bike and the commute. I commute 25-30
miles roundtrip everyday and have been doing this for the past almost 9
years. I have 3 different bikes for my commute depending on the weather,
what I am bringing, and which route I decide to take. Having said that,
it's always a front rack or rear panniers, and never a backpack.

Ahmed in San Mateo

--

*Ahmed Elgasseir*

Department Chair, Visual and Performing Arts

*Castilleja School*

1310 Bryant Street
<https://maps.google.com/?q=1310+Bryant+Street+Palo+Alto,+CA.+94301&entry=gmail&source=g>

Palo Alto, CA 94301