I agree, John. And I think there is something in particular about Rivendell
bicycles, that encourage it, for me. Some people may find it freeriding
machine built flow trails, but, here, what we all have in common is a an
appreciation of the ineffable ride quality and a connection to the
aesthetic experience of owning and riding Rivendell bicycles. For me at
least, the thing that makes a particular bike good for Just Riding is
probably what makes it good as part of an "activity that does not require
much discursive thought," as Watts put it.

Thanks for sharing the talk.

Paul