That looks so fun Laing, I'm adding that canal edge to my list of bike
spots in the everglades if I ever get back there with a bike.

one of my favorite lost distance bike ride memories was a 2 week tour from
Miami>chokoloskee island>marco island, then ferry down to key west and back
up to Miami via Rt 1. lotsa lotsa dry gravel/sand canal paths and roads in
the winter to break up the pedaling on 41 and rt 1. Would love to see where
else you find to ride!