I found that an M16 flat washer fits very well, similar ID as well. Picked
up a few from different materials, will likely go with stainless and maybe
shim it out a bit with some blue tape as I'd prefer a friction fit rather
than applying any adhesive.

Our local independent hardware store has a large loose hardware section
where you can handle everything. Always good for dry fitting things in
where other bits are missing.