Hi Leah,

I'm very excited and not surprised at all that you are able to hang with
the fast crowd.  Way to go!

I also doubt you will go carbon fiber, but I might not be surprised if you
ended up sporting some Rene Herse extra light tires in your pacelines.

Supple sidewall tires make a surprising difference in speed and comfort.
Rene Herse extra light (EL) tires and Grand Bois EL tires are the ones I've
used most often (but pricey), and if you want more flat protection, then
the Panaracer Gravel King (see for example RF650B42-GK-D) are quite nice
too (someone on another thread used Gravel King SS).  I think there are
other Panaracer/SOMA tires in this price range that would also be worth
considering.

Have fun!
Toshi