It's nice in the US it seems many sites have "hike and bike" spots that are
fairly nice that guarantee you spots. Canada does not typically have them -
so on bike it can leave you in a tight spot during peak season.

I noticed on a road trip in the US through Utah / Nevada that despite
National Parks are impossible to book. State Parks and BLM land was often
convenient and had nice locations and were more low key.

I typically find camping during peak seasons unenjoyable as my work is
often unpredictable and doesn't allow flexibility and booking so far in
advanced gives me anxiety and ruins the effect. I've had great experiences
with wingin it during off season or midweek adventures though. Same with
bike specific camping (1-4 days max) allows a bit more flexibility than
large car camping trips. In a few pinch moments I've had folks offer
private land for camping if you ask around a community nicely.