I don't look for wisdom from Grant's blogs, but they do provide
refreshingly honest and positive interest.

I don't want a low-normal rd or new sweepback bar, but I do like reading
about Rivendell bicycles and their riders.

This appealed:

At the very end the ride, maybe 3/4 mile left, the leader for the 15 mph
group whizzed past us. I said to my group, “Should we chase him?” They
laughed because surely I was joking - no one had anything left in their
legs after such a windy ride. I didn’t know if it was against the rules to
break from the group but we were so close to the end that I decided to try.
I chased and caught and even passed the rider, but when I got to my vehicle
where my legs were jelly and my voice was raspy. Ok, maybe it was a little
hard.

I don’t *really* care about beating people but I DO want them to know you
can ride a steel, upright bike and be plenty fast and relevant and
comfortable. I think that is my mission in this club

I expect Leah *does* have something of that "type A" competitive
personality, and good for you!

Goats. Frankly, I like them better than platypuses. But they're close to
sheep, and reading Grant's ecomium (I'll bet you have to look that up) of
goats, it reminded me of this, stuck in mind from years and decades ago. *Bad
Child's Book of Beasts* by Hillaire Belloc, illus. Lord Ian Basil Gawaine
Hamilton Temple Blackwood, 1896.

The Cambrian Welsh or Mountain Sheep

Is of the Ovine race,

His conversation is not deep