Well, good luck Doug. You have a great bike for commuting and you don't
have to worry about its security so that is something. As others have
mentioned , commuting by bike is a great stress reliever ,  good for you,
your wallet, and the planet. A win-win all-around I'd say. Starting with 1
or 2 rides a week is a great idea while you figure out what works